It's September and that means Back to School! What better way to get to know new friends then throwing a Back to School party?!
- Think shapes, colors, letters & numbers
- Have your child help you create decorations by coloring shapes with prime colors (red, blue & yellow)
- Use apples as part of your decor. Fill up a large vase with red apples and use it as an edible centerpiece
- Use food as decoration to give it a back to school feel (see food)
- Bobbing for Apples
- Egg and Spoon race
- Sack race
- Scavenger Hunt for school items
- Red Light, Green Light
- Mini milk cartons (line them up on the buffet to make a fun decor)
- Sandwiches (cut into shapes - circles, triangles, apples etc)
- Veggies & dip
- Serve kids food in individual lunch boxes (include sandwiches or sandwich rolls, apples, veggies, milk, mini box of raisins, mini yoghurt etc). This is exactly what we did! See inside the lunch box. All the kids got to take theirs home.
- Make your own burger buffet for grown ups or kids
- Use alphabet/number cookie cutters to make cookies
- Make cup cakes to spell out school related messages
- Make a cluster of smallish cakes one red velvet cake triangle, one banana cake circle and one chocolate cake square and glaze them red, yellow and blue.
And the cupcakes were made from the chocolate cake mixture and they were delicious!
In addition to these I also baked the most delicious cookies based on my grandmother's recipe. They were amazing and I also shaped them in squares, circles and triangles. I will be posting this recipe very soon.
- Goody bag with alphabet cookies
- Goody bag with school supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners etc)
- You can use these goody bag toppers I designed to attach to your own home made goody bag.
I hope you find this useful. There are so many ways to celebrate and enjoy. Have fun!