- Walk across the room as though you're walking a tight rope,
- Pretend you're putting on a really tight pair of jeans,
- Pretend you're directing an orchestra, do a break dance,
- Pretend you have an itchy rash.
- Describe a painting as though you are a famous art critic
5. Advice to Mommy is a really funny game. The host comes up with a list of questions which would be useful for the new mommy to know - usually there should be as many questions as there are guests. For example, What's the best way to calm the baby before bed time? or What to do with a really smelly nappy? etc. Give a question to each guest and have them answer it on a flash card. The flash card should have a different question written on the back of it. Have the mother to be read out the mixed up questions & answers and you will get some really funny combinations. Imagine if the answer to "What's the best way to calm a baby before bed time?" is "Take the smelly offender, put it in a plastic bag and immediately remove it from the premises."
6. Guess the baby picture. I love this game because you get to involve the gifts as part of the game and not just kinda stop the party to open some gifts. Each guest is asked to bring a baby picture of themselves, and glue it to the gift they brought. Before opening each gift the guest of honor is to guess who is in the picture. If she gets it right she can open the gift, if she gets it wrong she gets to eat melted chocolate out of a nappy!
8. And finally, What did she say? Have someone write down everything the mommy to be says when opening the gifts. At the end of the shower tell everyone that this is what was said the night the baby was made. Its a really funny game that everyone loves. Just imagine: "Ohhh its so cute and tiny!" or "How do I use that, again?" or "I see a lot of pumping in my near future"
During the games, everyone helped themselves to snacks and cakes using shower themed plates & napkins.
And in the end everyone was to take home a picture/note holder favor as a memento.
We had a really great time, lots of laughs and most importantly mommy-to-be got to spend time with her friends and family, and receive much needed baby gifts :) She also received Baby Sitting coupons, Help with Ironing coupons, Dinner coupons which she could redeem from the people who gave them to her.