As an alternative you could also do this craft on your own and make it much more stylish with smaller beads, using just one or two bead colors & muted egg colors. You could also posh it up a little by using ceramic eggs and acrylic paint.
- Stick your eggs on a skewer and anchor them.
- Get your child to paint one red and one blue. The yellow one shown on the picture is for The Little Chick craft I posted about earlier.
- You will need to do this a day in advance because the eggs should be completely dry for the next step.
- Make a hole through your egg and thread the ribbon. I used the skewer to make the hole and then I also used it to push the ribbon through. Do that with both edges of your ribbon so that you get a loop. Don't worry if the egg is not perfectly painted. You will be able to cover all the imperfections with the beads.
- Once you've threaded the egg, thread two beads one on each end including both ends of the ribbon. Tie a knot on each side. You'll end up with an egg which you can hang.
- Pick the beads and confetti you'd like to add to your eggs.
- Place small amount of glue sporadically around the egg and let your child glue decorations of her choice.