Her first food was carrots, then potatoes and then zucchini and so on. I started her with veggies because I didn't want her to get used to sweet flavours first. We introduced fruits much later. The lesson I wanted to give is that not everything that comes in a spoon is sweet. Its very important to find a pediatrician who supports your views.
|Emma eating solids for the first time|
- Buy the veggies, anything you find at the fruit shop; carrots, broccoli, zucchini, corn, green peas, cauliflower, leek, spinach, egg plant, squash, baby asparagus, sweet potatoes*, potatoes* etc.
- Clean & chop
- Steam or boil (steaming keeps more of the nutrients, I used to boil only the potatoes)
- Blend each food separately. I used the Braun Mulitiquick Hand Blender
- Place each food separately in ice cube trays.
- Cover with ceran wrap & freeze.
In this picture, we're about to prepare green peas, carrots and corn for Baby Emma.
Hope you find this helpful. As baby grew I'd make more sophisticated recipes. I will add some of those in the future.